Surfachem, an independent UK based, chemical Distribution Company is looking for a Shipping Assistant to join their team in Elland, West Yorkshire.
Working at Surfachem's warehouse, you will be responsible for all shipping, importing and exporting of goods and managing all related documentation.
- To project a professional, competent and efficient image of the Company at all times.
- To ensure deliveries of exported goods are completed to customers’ satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner.
- To prepare and ensure that all documentation and administration is appropriate and conforms to all regulations and requirements, including LC’s and “banking” documents.
- To ensure colleagues are aware of any shipping-related specifics which may affect the business.
- To prepare freight quotations and in doing so check package and pallet weights and dimensions.
- To prepare pro-forma invoices where required eg, for SGS inspection.
- To negotiate with freight suppliers to ensure competitive rates and performance.
- To adhere to and effectively meet all departmental and individual targets without adversely jeopardising other areas of the business.
- To maintain all relevant computer records.
- To ensure imported goods are shipped/delivered to our satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner.
- Any other tasks as may be required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Must have knowledge or experience of export and Import procedures/legislation
- Previous knowledge of air / sea DG regulations
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Literate with experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work under pressure
- Previous experience of shipping and customs would be desirable
- Knowledge of the Chemical industry would also be desirable
Salary: Dependant on experience
Location: Elland, Leeds