Surfachem are excited to be offering a year’s placement position at our Laboratory at the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre in Huddersfield this year.
This would ideally be suited for a Life Science Student studying at University who would be interested in gaining invaluable experience working alongside our Development Chemist carrying out formulation development with personal care, industrial and pharma products from the Surfachem portfolio of products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Surfachem formulation development, including customer formulations and formulations for upcoming exhibitions such as SCS Formulate.
2. Carry out analytical testing and evaluation of principals, competitors and new potential supplier raw materials.
3. Assist the Technical Development Chemist and Technical Development Managers with ongoing development projects.
4. Formulation stability testing.
5. Formulation performance testing.
6. Update and maintain sample stock levels.
7. To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as and when require.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 1st, 2nd or penultimate year student in a Life Science subject – Essential, Chemistry student - Desirable
- Bench Chemistry (from studies) - Essential
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent communicator – Essential
- Analytical mind set - Essential
- Outgoing personality - Essential
- Self-motivating - Essential
- Ability to work on own initiative - Essential
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time position, Monday to Friday, 35 hours
- Year in Industry Placement – Starting from September 2017.
Closing date for applications – 31st May 2017.