Surfachem Group, a major distributor of speciality chemicals to the cosmetics and personal care, household, industrial and institutional cleaning, and pharmaceutical, are looking to recruit an IT Graduate.
About the Role:
In this role you will remain very hands-on and will be expected to be a natural problem solver, comfortable with working under pressure. Personal or professional experience working with networks, infrastructure or IT security will be highly advantageous in this position; but not essential.
You will join a friendly and dynamic team where you will make an impact and quickly see the results of your work. You will work on a variety of diverse projects assisting the business to improve productivity and reliability of processes.
Travel to other company sites within the UK may be required in order to support ongoing and new business activities.
This is a highly competitive position and the successful candidate will receive on the job training to help them fulfil their new role, a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Provide user support & user training
- Maintain and upgrade the windows environment including virtual machine provisioning & administration
- Deployment and monitoring Office365 and related Server resources
- Mobile asset management & support
- Participate in technical discussion including crisis call experience
- Provide suggestions for process & procedure improvement
- Mentoring other teams
- Developing Knowledge Base database
- Plan and schedule for change management
- Performing logical fault finding
- Management of assets register
- Report building and administration in SQL
- Creation of Business Intelligence reports & dashboards
- Analysis & creation of meaningful business data
- Development and creation of in-house software
- A good Computer Science, IT or technically related degree
- An understanding of SQL and database architectures, including reporting and integration services
- Windows server and desktop operating systems including virtual environments
- Hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- LAN/Wan experience
- Office product suite including Office 365 administration and development
- Visual studio and related development skills
- Data analytics (preferable)
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Full UK Driving License
- Sage ERP/CRM/SEI experience (preferable)
- Distribution or accounting background (preferable)
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Leeds
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Graduate level and above