Surfachem Group, a major distributor of speciality chemicals to the cosmetics and personal care, household, industrial and institutional cleaning, pharmaceutical and industrial chemicals markets, are looking to recruit an Internal Account Manager. The successful candidate will provide exceptional customer service and be responsible for retaining and developing existing and new customer relationships.
- Action all incoming enquiries, completing quotations and responding to sample requests promptly and all related administrative tasks.
- Process and follow up all sample requests and apply charges where appropriate.
- Transcribe full and accurate order details onto the system in line with customer requirement and company procedure.
- Promptly and polity answer telephone calls.
- Communicate to customers all stock related issues offering alternatives where possible.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with company products/service and share any deficiencies to the appropriate departments and escalate to management any issues that could result in opportunity loss.
- Seek and report any competitive insight to inform strategy and purchasing/pricing tactics.
- Provide intensive support to Account Managers and cover for all area as and when required.
- Comprehensively promote company product range and services
- Perform outbound proactive sales calls as directed by Account Managers and use of own initiative.
- Meet/exceed agreed monthly, quarterly, annual sales/customer service targets
- Develop intimate knowledge of customer business activity and supply opportunities.
- Build customer loyalty to ensure the company are always given an opportunity to quote.
- Establish and build effective working relationships with key departments such as Technical, Purchasing, Business Management and Credit Control.
- Perform joint visits with Account Manager to further strengthen relationships
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Fluent in written and spoken Polish and English is desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar customer service role is required
- Experience in a sales environment is desirable
- Accustomed to delivering a high standard of customer service
- Excellent communication / negotiation skills and telephone manner
- Well organised with good planning skills
- Able to carry out mathematical calculations
- Good standard of Education with Grades C and above in Maths and English
- IT Literate with experience of using Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of the chemical industry/products/services is desirable