This leading independent UK based, chemical distribution company is looking for a graduate Buyer / Planner to join their busy Purchasing Department in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the core responsibility of the Planner / Buyer is to run the purchasing department efficiently, negotiate with suppliers of assigned products and to ensure that products are purchased at the lowest cost, to specification and with the best delivery terms for the benefit of the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To negotiate with suppliers of assigned products, to ensure that products are purchased at the lowest cost and the best delivery terms.
- To order product as required from approved suppliers according to the appropriate work instruction.
- To proactively manage slow moving stock
- To be responsible for the completion of purchase orders, including communication of status with other depts. and timely recommendation of action to avoid stock-out (e.g. alternative suppliers)
- To develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiating effectively with them as required.
- On a day to day level, resolve all delivery incidents supporting the purchasing assistant. Carry out quarterly supplier appraisals for purchased suppliers to maximise delivery and quality performance. Work alongside Business Managers with their suppliers if required.
- Manage stock levels in line with the company stock policy and company stock objectives. Work alongside Business Managers to manage their products.
- Ensure new suppliers are fully approved using appropriate documentation and information passed to the purchasing team.
- To provide accurate pricing to UK and Export.
- To deal with all price discrepancies with Suppliers.
- Deal with and respond to all Accounts queries raised.
- To project a professional, competent and efficient image of the Company and Department at all times
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A chemical or science related degree
- Supplier Development
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literate (basic Word, Excel)
- Work under pressure
- Fully or part qualified CIPS
- Experience of Chemical Purchasing
- Experience within the Chemical industry
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment: Full time permanent position
Location: Head office based in Leeds city centre
Salary: Based on experience