Surfachem, the leading independent UK based, global distributor of surfactants, speciality chemicals and pharmaceutical ingredients, is looking for an Assistant Accountant.
The core responsibility of the role will be to assist the Finance Manager in producing group monthly management accounts, maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger & business analysis. The successful candidate will therefore have good knowledge of nominal ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, profit and loss, balance sheet, bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments as well as trial balance to full accounts. The ideal applicant will be enthusiastic, conscientious and will enjoy working in a friendly and outgoing environment, looking to progress within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare monthly management accounts for subsidiary Group Companies, investigating and explaining any variances versus budget and prior year.
- Reconciliation and declaration of consignment stock movements on a monthly basis.
- Daily cashbook maintenance and reconciliations.
- To update & report sales rep area figures.
- Reconciliation of all GBP bank accounts.
- To deal with supplier queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Processing and posting of foreign currency supplier payments taking into account current cash flow position.
- To maintain fixed asset registers and records for all Group Companies.
- To assist in the annual statutory audit & deal with queries in a professional manner.
- To assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements & annual financial budgets.
- To provide cover for other members of the department as required.
- To perform any other tasks that may reasonably be required within the Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Computer literate
- Microsoft Excel / Word / Powerpoint
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own and part of a team
- Problem solver
- Good communicator
- Common Sense
- Accountancy Ledgers
- SAGE ERP / 1000 - Desirable
- AAT qualified or
- ACCA/CIMA part qualified
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time position – Monday to Friday
- Hours: 9am to 5pm
- Leeds Office based
- Study support available on successful completion of probationary period