Surfachem are looking to recruit an external Account Manager within our dynamic sales team. The role will be responsible for maintaining and developing existing customer accounts as well as prospecting for new opportunities within Scotland.
You will be expected to attract, build and maintain business through effective promotion of Surfachem's products and services and will be responsible for all sales activity to maximise sales and margin performance across the account portfolio within the area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comprehensively promote Surfachem's product range and services to all current and prospective customers within designated geographic/account responsibility.
- Lead all price and service negotiations within agreed commercial parameters.
- Prepare quotations/respond to price requests/respond to sample and information requests rapidly and comprehensively to create best customer impression.
- Accurately document customer meetings and establish rigorous follow up mechanisms to maintain momentum and close sales deals.
- Direct and support outbound sales call activity with internal sales.
- Meet/exceed agreed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and any other performance targets.
- Sales Account Management - Essential.
- Chemical industry/products/services - Essential.
- Commercial or techni-commercial role in B2B environment, Personal Care, Cleaning, or Chemical industry – Essential.
- Graduate or equivalent (Life Science or Business preferable) - Essential.
- Reporting to senior management – Essential.
- Chemical Distribution - Desirable.
- Postgraduate qualification or industry qualifications - Desirable.
- Field sales - Desirable.
- Technical/Solutions selling experience of chemicals/raw materials into Personal Care/Cleaning market for a distributor – Desirable.
- Self-managing/board level reporting – Desirable.
- Communication - Essential.
- Negotiation - Essential.
- Organisation & Planning - Essential.
- Presentation skills – Essential.
- Good telephone and face to face relationship skills - Essential.
- Commercial Acumen - Essential.
- Computer literacy (Basic Word and Excel) - Essential.
- Numeric agility - Essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence - Essential.
- Computer literacy – SAGE Line 1000, Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Desirable.
- 3+ years chemical/raw material sales experience – Essential.
- Strategic Planning - Desirable.
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm.
- Full time permanent position.
- Home based.